Viking Score: Preparation
Viking Score Activities focused on PREPARATION
Define Your Path
Once you learn more about who you are through EXPLORATION, you can begin to define your where you want to go. Developing a Career Goal helps define what you plan to do next and can refer to a first position after graduation, an internship, entrance to graduate or professional school, or a position after graduate or professional school.
These activities have been proven to move students through the first step of career development referred to as preparation.
Viking Score points are awarded for a mix of individual activities that may include worksheets, reflections with your Career Coach, or skill-building experiences.
- PREPARATION Signature Activity (Career Goal)| 20 pts
- Handshake Profile | 2 pts
- LinkedIn Profile | 2 pts
- Career or Graduate School Fair in-person or virtual | 2pts
- Resume Review | 4pts
- Cover Letter Review | 4pts
- Interview Prep or Practice/Mock Interview | 6 pts
- Interviewing Attire | 4 pts