Parents & Families
- Schedule an Appointment with a career coach. Learn more about our Career Coaches
- Affinities/Identities: under People We Serve Tab
- Explore Career Paths: resources by fields of interest
- Build Your Skills: resources for each stage of career development process
- Viking Connections: Augustana’s Alumni Network
- Explore Labor Market Trends: Make informed decisions about career pathways including Employment trends, Salary data, Required skills, Core tasks, and Future demand
- Handshake: Career Development online platform to assist students in finding jobs and internships, sign up for career fairs and events, connect with employers, and access career resources. Requires student login credentials to access.
- GoinGlobal: The Ultimate Career and Employment Resource: Job and Internship Search, Country Guides, and H1B/OPT Opportunities. Requires student login credentials to access.
- Outcomes: Find out where Augustana grads end up within six months of graduation
- Viking Score: Career Readiness program supporting students for completing activities, tracking experiences, and earning points to earn incentives
- SkillsFirst: AI Resume Builder using AI/ChatGPT to help students create resumes that include keywords using GPT-Powered Guidance. Requires student login credentials to access.
You can also engage with us by
- Viewing Upcoming Events: See all upcoming career events available for your student
- Signing up for Weekly Newsletter: Sign up to receive the weekly newsletter we send to all students outlining upcoming events, new blog posts, and resources that we share with your student.
- Contacting Career Development: Contact us with questions about our services and resources
Augustana College Career Development is committed to providing students with the resources necessary to make informed decisions and achieve career success. Our team is here to support your efforts to help students use the resources we provide. As you connect with your student, and help to move them toward the goal of career success, we encourage you to incorporate this career information in your discussions. Review the information below and encourage your students to meet with a career professional early in their college experience.
Team members in Career Development & Vocation are available to provide comprehensive career education and professional development resources, services, and programs for Augustana students and recent graduates. All services listed are available online and virtually.
HELP US HELP YOUR STUDENT
Career Coaching: Individual career coaching appointments are available to students and recent graduates regarding all areas of career planning and preparation. Students are assigned a Career Coach based on their major and area of study. Appointments can be scheduled online through Handshake, our online career platform.
Viking Score: The Viking Score is Augustana College’s career-readiness program to support students through college and post-graduate life by tracking experiences and awarding points to earn incentives along the way. The Viking Score motivates students to take small steps ensuring they are on the right path to getting to where they want to be. Viking Score Activities are designed to move students smoothly, at their own pace, through the process of career development and vocation.
Viking Score points are awarded for a mix of individual activities that may include worksheets, reflections with your Career Coach, or skill-building experiences. The Viking Score is divided into four distinct stages following the Career Development Process however students may complete the activities at any time throughout their college experience.
LinkedIn Photo Booth and Business Cards: The LinkedIn Photo Booth is a free service to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Augustana students and alumni can order 30 business cards at no cost. Students can stop in to the CORE Commons for both services.
On Campus Interviews: Career Services hosts on campus interviews. We offer professional interview rooms for students to interview with employers for internship, co-op, and full-time positions. All interviews are scheduled through Handshake.
Internship, Full-time, and Part-time Position Openings: The Career Development Office’s Employer Relations team is working with local, regional, and national employers looking to hire students and recent graduates for career-related jobs, internships, part-time off- campus jobs, and volunteer positions. Employers continue to post career-related jobs, internships, part-time off-campus jobs, and volunteer positions on Handshake
Viking Connections: Viking Connections is Augustana College’s Career Alumni Connector Network to bring together accomplished alumni, current students and fellow alumni. Alumni Connectors are available to share advice on careers, industries, employment trends, and organizations within their areas of expertise. These mentoring relationships support and guide students and young alumni as they navigate their careers or consider graduate school. The program is open to students and alumni from all class years and majors.
Senior Neleigh Rush went to the Public Policy seminar presented by PLEN in Washinton D.C. this January.
Neleigh is currently a Political Science & History major with a minor in Non-Profit Leadership minor.
Read her story:
This January (2024) I …
Alexandra Amacher is currently interning with WHBF/KLJB and decided to use her Augie Choice to do so. Here are some of her highlights of her internship so far:
“I enjoy being in an environment where the employees don’t treat me …
In the heart of Augustana College, a dedicated group of students is making a significant impact on campus and the surrounding community through the Boundless Health and Wellness (BHW) student organization. With a mission focused on health awareness and community …
Perhaps the most useful way to learn what a career is all about is to find someone doing that career and connect with them. Augustana Colleges has more than 10,000 alumni active on LinkedIn and 96 of them have signed …