Alumni play an important role in assisting Career Development & Vocation as we partner with students by providing career coaching, curated resources and networks, and opportunities for career readiness skill development so that they may develop personalized pathways leading to lives of purpose and meaning.
Alumni involved in Viking Connections are available to share advice on careers, industries, employment trends, and organizations within their areas of expertise. These mentoring relationships support and guide students — as well as young alumni — as they navigate their careers or consider graduate school. The program is open to students and alumni from all class years and majors.
- View current Viking Connectors
- Sort Viking Connectors by major, field, location, affinity groups here
- Alumni Guide to Viking Connections
- Interested in becoming a Viking Connector? Email us.
Alumni seeking Career Assistance
Team members in Career Development & Vocation, part of CORE (Careers, Opportunities, Research, Exploration), are available to provide comprehensive career education and professional development resources, services, and programs for Augustana students and recent graduates.
- Recent graduates have access to all of the services, resources, and programs available to current students within three years of graduation including scheduling appointments with career coaches. Unless you requested deactivation, you continue to have access to your Handshake account.
- Alumni who have already launched their careers and who are seeking career assistance continue to have access to our online resources such as job postings, career resources, and career event listings. You can also set up an alumni account on Handshake by following the instructions here and visiting Handshake.
Alumni as Employers
The Career Development & Vocation Team is ready to assist employers’ general recruitment, internships, and campus networking needs. Whether you are looking to post new jobs, schedule interviews (virtual or in-person), register for a career fair, or participate in a variety of other engagement opportunities, our team is here to help!
If you have specific questions not addressed in our online resources or wish to strengthen your relationship with our campus, we encourage you to contact us directly.