General Employer Policies
Augustana College welcomes employers from a variety of backgrounds on both a local and international scale. Employers who are ineligible for our services are organizations that…
- Offer services in direct conflict with Augustana College’s mission
- Charge fees for participation or placement including out-of-pocket financial expenses and test taking, etc.
- Teaching English Abroad Programs
- Modeling/acting agencies
- Is a personal service-oriented jobs for individuals rather than organizations such as Babysitting and Nanny/Au Pair Agencies, Pet Sitting/Dog Walking, House Sitting, Modeling Agencies, etc
Employers eligible on a case-by-case basis:
- Camps not affiliated with the Lutheran Church
- Tutoring firms
- Personal assistant jobs
- Third-party recruiting firms/temp agencies
Right of refusal
Augustana College reserves the right to terminate from or refuse the participation of any organization in one or all recruiting activities. Reasons may include misrepresentation, complaints by students/recent alumni or violation of Augustana College’s recruiting policies. Furthermore, we reserve the right to deny organizations access to one or all recruiting activities that are in direct conflict with Augustana College’s mission. All decisions concerning registration of companies and organizations are made in the college’s sole discretion.
For policies regarding posting career-related positions online please see our “Handshake Employer Policies” page.
For policies regarding career fairs please see our “Career Fair Employer Policies” page.