Student Employment Sample Job Description
AUGUSTANA COLLEGE | CORE Student Assistant
Fall/J-Term/Spring Semesters with possibility for working over the summer. Monday-Friday, between 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Position Overview: The CORE Student Assistant welcomes and assists all students and visitors to CORE and assists team members with short- and long-term projects in addition to completing set daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and assist all students and visitors to CORE
- Attend admission visit days; represent department and the college in a positive, professional manner
- Assist team members with short- and long-term projects
- Complete set tasks associated with shift such as check-in set up, office and breakroom cleaning and tidying, checking voicemail and email accounts, distributing mail, and completing daily page
- Learn and use office equipment as needed; keep copy machine paper and ink cartridges stocked and filled
- Learn and use online programs such as Astra (room scheduling), Handshake (career database), Reporting Services, and Viking Score Database
- Learn and be able to assist with smart classroom equipment in Classrooms and Olin Auditorium
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to listen, understand, ask clarifying questions, and follow through on weekly and long-range projects
- Demonstrated experience planning, organizing, and managing work assigned in a timely manner
- Intercultural Competence; ability to write and edit content that is inclusive for all student populations or targeted content for affinity and identity groups
- Must be in good academic standing (GPA of 2.0 or above)
- Any major can apply!
- Student must sign the Student Confidentiality Agreement
- Critical thinking & Information Literacy
- Flexible scheduling; Remote work possible
- Student Employment at Augustana College