Guest Blog Post Instructions
Career Development & Vocation team members aren’t alone in influencing and supporting students as they prepare for future careers. External stakeholders such as faculty, alumni, employers and student leaders have valuable contributions to make.
The guest contributor portal allows the career center to broaden its reach of influence and centralize the contributions of external influencers. The guest contributor portal allows these influencer groups to take part in career conversations by posting announcements, events, resources and recruiting opportunities under the career center’s umbrella.
What types of content can guests contribute?
A few of the many uses for the guest contributor portal:
- Alumni can share about their career journeys or notify students of career opportunities within their company
- Faculty can offer career advice
- Students can talk about the steps they took to land a dream job or internship
How do guest contributors submit a post?
Guests can find a link to the guest portal in the top-right corner of the website.
- Guests fill out a quick “captcha” form and they go right into a clean dashboard — no clunky registration process required.
- Guests select what type of content they want to post, then enhance their message by adding media, emoji’s and gifs.
- Next, they fill in their author profile to let the community know who they are, and click submit.
- Note: You cannot save your work and come back, so if you think you may not finish your post in one sitting when you are ready so please save it separately then paste into the editor
Content doesn’t publish right away. Once guest posts are submitted, admins receive a notification that a post is pending their review, to then approve and publish.
Contact email@example.com with questions.