Augustana-Western Illinois Integrated Baccalaureate in Kinesiology and Master’s Degree in Sports Management
An integrated baccalaureate in Kinesiology from Augustana College and a master’s degree in sports management from Western Illinois University would typically take 6 years to complete. This program allows a student to complete both degrees in 5 years by allowing Augustana students to complete “bridge courses” that will count for both the baccalaureate and master’s degrees.
- Students must meet one of the following admission requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and a minimum GPA of 3.3 in the last 30 semester hours completed at Augustana
- Coursework required for the integrated baccalaureate and master’s degree program must be completed within six calendar years from the time of first enrollment in courses that are part of the integrated program.
- Completion of all “bridge courses” with a “B” grade or better. Courses considered as “bridge courses” will be decided in consultation with Augustana and WIU faculty.
- To be eligible, applicants must:
- Complete and submit the online WIU School of Graduate Studies application and pay the associated application fee
- Submit all official transcripts (including final degree transcript from Augustana) to WIU
- Submit department admission documents to WIU
- Statement of professional goals
- Three professional references